Recently, someone from the Bra Making Forum started a discussion about my new blog on GOMI. I don’t mind being the butt of some internet snark, but a few things have gotten out of hand so I’d just like to clarify them here as I do not have a GOMI account.
- GOMI user Scullien is not, in any way, affiliated with me, my blog, or Natasha Estrada other than her claim that she is a member of the Bra Making Forum.
- I do read GOMI. I am a casual lurker (I go on it maybe twice a year) and I found the thread about me when the link was emailed to me. I did not ask anyone to promote me or berate me on the internet. I know how GOMI works and it would be the last place for me to send a minion. I find the whole thing rather apalling.
- I’ve read the criticisms about my blog and taken them to heart, hence the change in the description on my front page. The change in the contest rules, however, was based off my own observations. I do appreciate the constructive criticism about giveaway structuring and will keep it in mind for the future.
- I’m not a Rush fan. My use of an Ayn Rand quote was unrelated to my political affiliation.
- I don’t personally know Maddie Flanigan or have any relation to Madalynne. I’m also not trying to compete with her business whatsoever. And that brings me to the next point…
- My blog is 100% personal. This is not my first sewing blog. I had to delete the last one because of personal reasons. This blog is NOT a business and I have no intention of making any money from it. I am using a simple WordPress theme with WordPress ads that I don’t receive payment for. The structure of the theme has no hidden intention behind it. That said, I write for enjoyment and therapeutic reasons. I’m not trying to get famous. My previous blog was private for a long time even though I continued to write on it..
- I’m sorry if my writing style is annoying or too wistful for you. I typically like my writing. If you have any constructive criticism, feel free to leave it in the comments. Otherwise, you have no obligation to read my stuff, so if you don’t appreciate it, don’t read it.
- I had no idea the Rush comment had anything to do with all this drama until I read the GOMI thread. It was weird.
- My blog is indeed primarily targeted to members of the Bra Making Forum. I did not promote the blog anywhere else, so everyone who entered the giveaway is a member of the forum.
- I really don’t care what random people have to say about my intentions on the internet. I know what my intentions are. I’ll take criticism just fine, but judgments on my personal life or intentions are uncalled for.
- I really do apologize if the contest structure was too confusing. I asked for your names to be left so I can connect the forms to the readers. I’ll be better about it next time.
- A giveaway is a giveaway. It’s free stuff. If a yard of lace is not good enough for you, don’t enter.
- My blog is “devoid of content” because I just launched it. There will be more content in the future, I promise. I’m working on something now that I’m sure will interest some of you. Again, I didn’t ask anyone to promote me, so even if that was your intention, Scullien, stop.
- I don’t have an about page, just the description on my home page.
Anyway, I hope that clears some things up. I apologize to anyone who had to read this that didn’t need to.
Good luck to everyone who entered the giveaway. I wish you all the best.
Edit: Why didn’t I post in my own thread on GOMI? Because I felt no need. Frankly, I have no desire to participate on GOMI, much less go through the hassle of making an account. I won’t be reading up on or commenting on this ordeal any further. I encourage readers to make their own judgements.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”